Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Going on a bear hunt...

I am looking for clarity and inspiration in all new places. I feel myself soaring above and trying to achieve more, more, MORE! I haven't felt this driven since I was a senior in college trying my HARDEST to slap the smirk off of one of my fiction professors. Who was dumbfounded that the rest of her colleagues thought I was an amazing writer, yet all she saw was poor grammar and lack of what she deemed 'creativity'. Her motto was 'grammar first, creativity last'. Well, that's not how I roll.  This time I am aiming to prove to MYSELF that I can get rid of my ADD tendency and go towards my goal, whatever that may be. I want to center myself and become zen in my work. Is that possible? I hope so!


  I took this picture earlier today of my wonderfully artistically talented mother, Gayla Hodson. I have always admired my mothers ability to look younger as she aged, and even more beautiful. I have an odd obsession with eyes when it comes to photographs. I always deem to take a picture that captures that true color, vibrancy, and wisdom that eyes seem to show. My mother's are by far a pair of my favorite.


I am so grateful to be blessed with an artistic mother who can help lead the way in the colorful world of artists. That can show various doors, opportunities, and paths I can go towards. I don't know how people with non-artistic parents do it.


My goals for 2011 as an artist:
  • Move to Indy or some other metropolis that offers artistic outlets
  • Save towards a fish-eye lens
  • Get into one major show
  • Canvas and market some of my pieces

       My biggest ambition for this year and the years to come is to try to make a piece that I could amplify what I want all of my work to express to my viewers. I'm not sure what that will encompass but I am hoping it will be bright and colorful, and mix different genres of photography into a ball and explode into print.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Thank you Lindsay for your kind words!! I have always been amazed at your gift of writing and capturing an emotion in a single image. As far back as I can remember you were reading, writing and wanting to take photographs! Not just photographs but pictures that tell a story. You have been on a bear hunt all your life....not afraid to explore what's ahead. I'm excited about your journey. You have so much ahead of you!!

    ReplyDelete